The Yakap sa Kaunlaran ng Bata,Inc. (YKBI), was registered with the SEC as a private, non-stock, non-profit corporation on January 9, 2004. The organization is a federation of the 8 people’s associations in the Southern Luzon Province, whose formation was spearheaded by the ChildFund Philippines (formerly Christian Children’s Fund) to implement programs and projects for the cause of children to address the root causes of child poverty.
The main office of the Federation is located at 2F BPAI Bldg., Maderal Compound, Earth Street, Barangay Palola, Lucban, Quezon. It has 10 regular staff , 160 volunteers and 9 members of the Board of Trustees.
The primary objectives of the Federation are :
1. To strengthen the capabilities of YAKAP community member associations to
understand child poverty and adversity that affect child growth and development.
2. To establish sustainable projects that will help address child poverty and adversity.
3. To strengthen coordination through resource mobilization with other agencies within
and outside the communities that will support and address child poverty.
4. To give support to children and youth federations to implement their plans.
In consonance with the above objectives, the organization implements the following projects.
- “Batang may Inisyatibo, Bihas at Organisado (BIBO) Project for 6-14-years old children –
Focuses on Child Development and Participation.
- “Youth Skills and Protection for Employability and Enterprise Development ‘(Youth SPEED) Project for youth 15-24 years old. – Focus is on Alternative Lifelong Learning Systems
- “Bukluran “ or Cross Cutting Project for adult individuals 25 years old and above – Focuses on strengthening the federation and associations for Children’s Protection and Survival.