World Vision Development Foundation, Inc. was registered in the Philippines as a local NGO in 1995. Historically though, it has been in existence in the Philippines (under its global alliance – The World Vision International) since 1957 by providing assistance to the 300 children in the Good Shepherd Fold, an orphanage in Guimaras Island. Musical instruments, textbooks and other materials were donated to the orphanage to meet the needs of children. Eventually, its program and geographical coverage expanded nationwide to provide assistance to the prisoners, children caught in the conflict in Mindanao, and community-based programs through its Provincial Development Approach. Over the years it continued to grow and build programs and services that are relevant and responsive to the transformation of vulnerable children and communities through sponsorship and non-sponsorship approaches. Currently, the Foundation serves 27 provinces, 20 cities, 77 Municipalities and 1,052 barangays which are clustered into 12 groups (5 in Visayas, 4 in Luzon and 3 in Mindanao). An average of 60,000 children are included in its sponsorship program at any given time.