The University of the Philippines Medical Alumni Foundation, Inc. (UPMAF) is a non-profit, non-stock foundation organized in 1984 by CM-UPM (College of Medicine, University of the Philippines Manila) alumni, faculty, and parents of CM-UPM students initially through seed donations from CM-UPM Class 1959 and Class 1960. It was officially registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on 16 July 1985 primarily to provide assistance to CM-UPM and PGH, towards achieving its vision, mission, and goals and objectives specifically geared towards advancement of medical education in the country, provide better health care delivery, assist, encourage, promote and support the development, improvement, and advancement of training programs, research and studies in medical education, medical sciences and other various fields of medicine in the Philippines.
These objectives were undertaken through different research programs, incentives awarded to qualified professors and personnel, and provision of scholarship grants to deserving medical students. Activities were undertaken to increase available resources in support of the high standards of medical education.
On 25 November 1999, UPMAF was formally turned over to CM-UPM to become a college foundation. To strengthen its role as a college foundation, UPMAF signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the University of the Philippines Manila (UPM) on 6 July 2011 institutionalizing the recognition of the role of UPMAF as a college foundation of UPCM.