Gawad Kalinga Community Development Foundation, Inc. (GK) was registered with the SEC as a non-stock, non-profit corporation on July 28, 2003 by a group of incorporators who were interested in Community Development. It is an operating and grant-making organization. Its main office is located at 6/F Cheng Bldg., 2112 Haig St., Brgy. Daang Bakal, Mandaluyong City. The foundation has 147 regular staff, 13 project- based staff, 5 regular volunteers and 9 members of the Board of Trustees.
Its purposes (V-M-G), among others, are “to advance, uphold, and foster an integrated, holistic and sustainable community development program, especially in depressed areas, addressing shelter, livelihood, education, and health issues in the spirit of nation building”. The Foundation’s programs/projects now focus on the following areas: shelter/housing, education, health, livelihood, and local organization. The geographical scope of programs is nationwide.
Its PCNC certification history is as follows:
- Initial certification – one year ended on September 1, 2006
- 1st renewal – five (5) years ended on July 22, 2012
- 2nd renewal – one (1) year ended on July 4, 2014
- 3rd renewal – one (1) year ended on November 6, 2015
- 4th renewal – one (1) year ended on April 21, 2017
5th renewal – one (1) year ended November 7, 2018