Don Bosco Tarlac was registered with the SEC as a non-stock, non-profit corporation on October 13, 1952 by the Very Reverend Charles Braga, SDB and opened in 1947 by Fr. James Wilson, an American army chaplain at Clark Air Base concerned with the Catholic education of the Tarlac youth. In 1948, the school transferred to its present site in Sto. Cristo. In 1951, the school received its first Salesian, Fr. Anthony DiFalco. and started its technical curriculum in 1974 and after four years, the school is re-named as Don Bosco Technical Institute. The foundation has 103 regular staff and 2 retainers, 1 part-time and 9 volunteers. There are 10 members of the Board of Trustees.
It was certified for five years on March 29, 2012 which lapsed on January 21, 2015. The school applied for renewal on March 10, 2015 and was only able to complete the documents in July 2015. It was visited in August, 2015. However, there was a delay in the submission of the latest audited FS when the accountant went on extended leave of absence due to serious illness. On September 14, 2016, the school was revisited and re-evaluated.
Its purposes, among others, are to provide basic education from pre-school to high school; provide scholarships to underprivileged youth; initiate and get involved in outreach programs, and promote summer sports training and servant leadership camps and vocation. At present, it is looking at increasing the scholarships to deserving students and upgrading the school facilities including the library, shops, laboratories and classrooms.