Don Bosco Technical Institute of Makati, Inc. (a.k.a. Don Bosco -Makati) is a non-stock, non-profit organization, registered with the SEC on February 22, 1957. It was established by the Salesians of Don Bosco in 1954 with the help from the Ayalas. The Ayalas willingly helped the Salesians because they had plans of building a “balanced community” to be made up of low and middle class income people and the wealthy. They wanted to develop an industrial area to provide work as well as income to the inhabitants of the place.
On January 26, 1954, Fr. Luigi Ferrari, SDB Provincial Superior to the Philippines, asked permission from Mr. Alfonso Zobel de Ayala “to occupy and fence the parcel of land located at the corner of Pasay-Mckinley Road and the proposed Pasong Tamo Extension.” Thus, construction of Don Bosco Makati started.
Don Bosco- Makati started Grades V and VI levels and 1st year High School in 1955. The first High School Batch graduated in 1960.
The Manpower Training Department, now known as the TVET Center was established in 1971 to help the youth acquire employable skills. Since 2006, the Center has expanded, admitted 900 trainees annually in various courses with over 200 industry partners and sponsors.