Christ the King College (CKC) is a non-stock, non-profit educational institution administered by the Congregation of the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and was registered with the SEC on May 27, 1937. Way back in 1931, 4 Belgian Sisters called Missionary Canoneses of St. Agustine were invited by 2 Diocesan priests, Fr. Donato and Fr. Albano to administer the former parish school called San Fernando Catholic School. The Congregation of the SMCSA renamed it Christ the King Academy. In 1946, when it offered E.T.C (Elementary Teacher’s Certificate), it was named Christ the King Junior College. In 1959, the school was named Christ the King College. It had graduated many college students, high school and elementary students as well. In 1971, the Congregation turned over its college department to St. Louis College also in La Union. In September 4, 2015, the name was changed to Christ the King College-San Fernando City, La Union, Inc. It is an educational institution which aims to provide Gospel-based, quality education to bring about integral formation for boys and girls for personal and social transformation. The institution’s curriculum includes classroom instruction, practicum and community involvement. Its main office is located at P. Gomez St., San Fernando City, La Union.
Its purposes among others, are “to provide a holistic, evangelizing and transformative education for the children and youth and to transform the students to become women and men disciples of Christ, academic excellence within the context of a holistic human formation, community involvement and holistic leadership”. The Foundation’s programs focused on the operations of their Pre-elementary, Elementary, Junior High School and Senior High School education.